Hollands Wood, New Forest

Old May 24th 06, 12:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Shaun Robertson

Default Hollands Wood, New Forest

Has anybody here stayed on the Hollands Wood Forestry Commission site?
We've booked 7 nights there from Saturday, and elec hookups aren't
available which is fine, but do they have battery charging facilities?
If not we might have to take a box of candles...

No mention on the website:

http://www.forestholidays.co.uk/cara...lands-wood.asp

Cheers
Shaun

Old May 24th 06, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roger Mills

Shaun Robertson wrote:

Has anybody here stayed on the Hollands Wood Forestry Commission site?
We've booked 7 nights there from Saturday, and elec hookups aren't
available which is fine, but do they have battery charging facilities?
If not we might have to take a box of candles...

No mention on the website:

http://www.forestholidays.co.uk/cara...lands-wood.asp

Cheers
Shaun

I don't *think* they have battery charging facilities - I don't recall ever
seeing any, and I have stayed there several times, though not recently.

You'd need 2 batteries anyway - to have one on charge while using the
other - so why not just use a split charge facility in your car, and charge
the second battery as you drive around?
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old May 24th 06, 08:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Shaun Robertson

Roger Mills wrote:
I don't *think* they have battery charging facilities - I don't recall ever
seeing any, and I have stayed there several times, though not recently.

You'd need 2 batteries anyway - to have one on charge while using the
other - so why not just use a split charge facility in your car, and charge
the second battery as you drive around?

Thanks Roger. We only really need the battery for interior lighting at
night, so I was planning on charging it one day during the week if that
was possible. The water pump is manual, one of those whale foot
operated ones, and we can do without television so realistically we'll
probably just about manage a week on one charge. It's an 85 Ah battery
and on our last week away at Easter it gave up the ghost on day 6,
after extensive television and radio use and of course lighting up
earlier in the evening.

Unfortunately the car doesn't have the necessary wiring to charge an
extra battery on the road.

It's not a big deal really it just means we'll have to actually talk to
each other instead of cabbaging in front of a 5" television, might make
a nice change!

Cheers
Shaun

Old May 25th 06, 09:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Sarah and Lloyd

"Shaun Robertson" wrote in message
ups.com...
Roger Mills wrote:
I don't *think* they have battery charging facilities - I don't recall
ever
seeing any, and I have stayed there several times, though not recently.

It's not a big deal really it just means we'll have to actually talk to
each other instead of cabbaging in front of a 5" television, might make
a nice change!

Cheers
Shaun

If its the same site im thinking of then you wont have any need for a telly.
You will find all sorts of people camp on the site, I stayed there a few
years ago in a tent and its really relaxed and chilled out, lots of people
seemed to form camps with groupls of people and just sat outside and chilled
out in the evening. Its gorgeous down there, and some decent pubs nearby too
should you need a warming tipple in the evening :-)

Lloyd