CRIS Transfer

Old May 24th 06, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rasman99

Default CRIS Transfer

I am looking at buying a 2nd hand van that is CRIS registered how does the
transfer process work? The seller doesn't seem to know as the van stuff was
dealt with by her partner who died recently (hence the sale).

Regards
Ras

Old May 24th 06, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Rasman99" wrote in message
. uk...
I am looking at buying a 2nd hand van that is CRIS registered how does the
transfer process work? The seller doesn't seem to know as the van stuff was
dealt with by her partner who died recently (hence the sale).

You pay them CRIS 10. and get a piece of paper which looks like your car
documentation.

Can't see any piont myself in the system, just seems to me a way someone as
thought of makeing money.

Over a year after I P/x my old caravan at a dealer I got a letter asking
what I had done with it, the dealer advised I ignore it.

Please reply to News Group

Old May 24th 06, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Richards

On Wed, 24 May 2006 16:14:58 GMT, "Rasman99"
wrote:

I am looking at buying a 2nd hand van that is CRIS registered how does the
transfer process work? The seller doesn't seem to know as the van stuff was
dealt with by her partner who died recently (hence the sale).

Regards
Ras

The CRIS certificate has a tear/cut of portion at the bottom,
Notification of Sale or Transfer, the top part is given to the buyer
and the bottom part should be completed and sent to CRIS along with a
tenner I think. I am PXing my van at the moment and I've given the
dealer the top section and will send the bottom part to CRIS when I
pick up my new van, TOMORROW, so if anybody has any good sleeping
pills I may need them tonight. It is ridiculous really this must be my
7th or 8th van but I still get as excited as when I bought my first
one, I must be a saddo.
--
John Richards

Old May 24th 06, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"John Richards" wrote in message
The CRIS certificate has a tear/cut of portion at the bottom,
Notification of Sale or Transfer, the top part is given to the buyer
and the bottom part should be completed and sent to CRIS along with a
tenner I think. I am PXing my van at the moment and I've given the
dealer the top section and will send the bottom part to CRIS when I
pick up my new van, TOMORROW,

What good is this scheme?
Just a money maker to me.

Please reply to News Group