LickPenny - Whay to see?

Old May 26th 06, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John & Lisa

Default LickPenny - Whay to see?

On our trip to LickPenny caravan park, Matlock, we will be talking along our
bicycles.
Can anyone suggest some nice villages for rides on the bicycles, and short
car rides out we can visit whilst over there please.
--
John
Building our caravanning web site and forums...

Old May 26th 06, 07:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ludwig Van Beethoven

On Fri, 26 May 2006 16:28:41 GMT, "John & Lisa"
wrote:

On our trip to LickPenny caravan park, Matlock, we will be talking along our
bicycles.
Can anyone suggest some nice villages for rides on the bicycles, and short
car rides out we can visit whilst over there please.

Riber Castle is worth a visit. Last time I was there it was pretty
much derelict but still worth a wander around. Formerly a nature
reserve it is now completely empty and going to waste. I was told that
there were plans by a developer to turn it into luxury apartments but
I think planning permission was turned down after objections by the
locals. From the back of Riber castle you get an awesome view over the
town of Matlock.

Matlock itself is a nice town and Matlock Bath is even better. Matlock
Bath usually gets pretty packed though on Bank Holidays and traffic
can be quite heavy in and out of the town. There are usually hundreds
of motorcyclists in town over Bank Holiday weekends with an endless
stream of bikes parked up and down the main street. Never seen any
trouble there though so please don't be put off.

I would also recommend a trip to Chatsworth House if you have time.
There is a small farmyard there, a good adventure playground for the
kids, beautiful gardens and the house itself is truly awesome. At the
back of the farmyard there is a nice walk up winding lanes around the
back of the estate.

Tissington Trail is great for familly cycling but it may be too far to
get to without taking a car. Take a look here
http://www.cressbrook.co.uk/outdoors/cycling.php for further
information on cycling around the Peak Distict.

....Ludwig

Old May 26th 06, 09:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ToxOgrady

Hi John&Lisa,

We went to Lickpenny for our 2nd outing for the Mayday weekend.
http://tinyurl.com/hpyet

Theres plenty to do/see and we are definately going back for more. We did
the Heights of Abraham and went down the caverns , also took the kids on the
trams at Crich.

On our way to Bakewell we spotted a mint little site at the back of a decent
pub called the Grouse & Claret. We are off there for a weekend mid August

Lickpenny is a hard standing pitch site so you'll need heavy duty masonary
nail type pegs for your awning. Apparently they are sold on site for 50p
each but I had already bought a box from an outdoor shop at Matlock Bath for
45p each

We're supposed to be off to Penryn in Anglesey in the morning but just got
back in from hospital as my 3yr old has fell down the stairs and busted his
collar bone. We are still going but will have to return early to take him to
the fracture clinic....

;-)