Undertaking on Motorway...

Old May 27th 06, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.driving
John & Lisa

Default Undertaking on Motorway...

--

"PC Paul" wrote in message
om...
Christian McArdle wrote:
There are plenty of road surfaces that are safe at slow speeds
that are unsafe at high speed. Any farm track, for example.

What a load of old tosh.

Ha ha ha. So you are actually trying to defend it! You either think
that farm tracks are extremely unsafe at all speeds, or that it is
safe to do 70mph?

Which?

The fact is that some road surfaces need to be driven on slowly to be
safe. If you can't accept that then there is no helping you!

Go easy on him, he's a caravanner and therefore hard of thinkng...

--------------------------------

Be careful on your comments PC Paul, particularly if you have no experience
in the caravan industry (as it seems). You will probably find on your
journeys down the motorway this summer that actually, some of the safest
drivers on that motorway are the drivers towing caravans. In fact look at
the reported accident stats for caravan accidents, less than half of one
percent at all road traffic accidents I believe last year. You will find
these caravan drivers will be particularly observant to what is going on
around them, will take regular breaks, maintain a sensible speed and due to
the fact they have additional weight to haul, have ensured their vehicles
are up to an acceptable maintained standard for the journey. Have a think
about that before you shout out about a subject you perhaps know little
about.

John
Building our caravanning web site and forums...
www.gmails.co.uk/forums

Old May 27th 06, 08:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.driving
Conor

In article , John & Lisa says...

You will probably find on your journeys down the motorway this
summer that actually, some of the safest
drivers on that motorway are the drivers towing caravans.

Yet last night, my mate was held up by two caravanners who'd decided to
try driving down the motorway on their roofs...

In fact look at
the reported accident stats for caravan accidents, less than half of one
percent at all road traffic accidents I believe last year.

Which is disgusting considered how few there are of them and how little
mileage they do compared to other road user types.

... have ensured their vehicles
are up to an acceptable maintained standard for the journey.

You WHAT? I've lost count of the number of caravans I've seen at the
side of the road on a 30 list because the entire wheel assembly has
parted company.

--
Conor,
Grumpy Old Man.

Old May 27th 06, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.driving
John & Lisa

"Conor" wrote in message
In article , John & Lisa says...

You WHAT? I've lost count of the number of caravans I've seen at the
side of the road on a 30 list because the entire wheel assembly has
parted company.

--
Conor,
Grumpy Old Man.
Same ****, different day.

----------------------------

Don't be silly.
You are getting confused with lorries running with retread tyres.

Old May 27th 06, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.driving
John & Lisa

In article , John & Lisa says...

Old May 27th 06, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.driving
John & Lisa

In article , John & Lisa says...

Old May 27th 06, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.driving
Westy

On Sat, 27 May 2006 21:06:36 +0100, Conor
wrote:

In article , John & Lisa says...

You will probably find on your journeys down the motorway this
summer that actually, some of the safest
drivers on that motorway are the drivers towing caravans.

Yet last night, my mate was held up by two caravanners who'd decided to
try driving down the motorway on their roofs...

In fact look at
the reported accident stats for caravan accidents, less than half of one
percent at all road traffic accidents I believe last year.

Which is disgusting considered how few there are of them and how little
mileage they do compared to other road user types.

... have ensured their vehicles
are up to an acceptable maintained standard for the journey.

You WHAT? I've lost count of the number of caravans I've seen at the
side of the road on a 30 list because the entire wheel assembly has
parted company.

This sums up caravanning at it's best:

http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2004/m_aa-p1.php
Old May 27th 06, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.driving
Westy

On Sat, 27 May 2006 21:06:36 +0100, Conor

In article , John & Lisa says...

Old May 27th 06, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.driving
Westy

On Sat, 27 May 2006 21:06:36 +0100, Conor

In article , John & Lisa says...