Car(avan) Radio recommendations

Old May 29th 06, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter

Default Car(avan) Radio recommendations

We have a new 'van and it has a home for standard fitting & two speakers.

Does anyone have any specific recommendations concerning a radio?

I looked at a couple in Halfords and was a bit concerned to see that the recommended power
range was between 80 & 120w. All we want to do is listen to the radio and the odd CD
QUIETLY.

If I only connect a pair of speakers, rather than two, will this have a deleterious affect
on the radio?

Any advice gratefully received

Peter
Old May 29th 06, 02:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

Peter wrote:

|| We have a new 'van and it has a home for standard fitting & two
|| speakers.
|| Does anyone have any specific recommendations concerning a radio?
|| I looked at a couple in Halfords and was a bit concerned to see that
|| the recommended power range was between 80 & 120w. All we want to
|| do is listen to the radio and the odd CD QUIETLY.

Go for the features rather than outright power, if you only ever listen
quietly. Remember that you don't have to listen to any unit at 10/10ths all
the time - the volume control turns both ways. However, from experience, a
powerful unit with decent speakers can "fill" a space like a caravan even at
low volumes, and sound much nicer than a feeble unit on max.

|| If I only connect a pair of speakers, rather than two, will this
|| have a deleterious affect on the radio?

Er, pair = two?

--
Rich
==============================

I don't approve of signatures, so I don't have one.

Old May 29th 06, 02:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

Old May 29th 06, 02:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

Old May 29th 06, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gary G Jones

If I only connect a pair of speakers, rather than two, will this have a
deleterious affect
on the radio?

Any advice gratefully received

Peter

Fitting only one pair of speakers will not do any harm to the unit, just
make sure that you either use the front pair or the rear pair , NOT the left
pair or the right pair.
Hope that makes sense
Gary

Old May 29th 06, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , Richard Brookman
writes
Peter wrote:

|| We have a new 'van and it has a home for standard fitting & two
|| speakers.
|| Does anyone have any specific recommendations concerning a radio?
|| I looked at a couple in Halfords and was a bit concerned to see that
|| the recommended power range was between 80 & 120w. All we want to
|| do is listen to the radio and the odd CD QUIETLY.

Go for the features rather than outright power, if you only ever listen
quietly. Remember that you don't have to listen to any unit at 10/10ths all
the time - the volume control turns both ways. However, from experience, a
powerful unit with decent speakers can "fill" a space like a caravan even at
low volumes, and sound much nicer than a feeble unit on max.

|| If I only connect a pair of speakers, rather than two, will this
|| have a deleterious affect on the radio?

Er, pair = two?

Two pairs - as in 4
--
hugh
Old May 29th 06, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

Old May 29th 06, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh