French & Italian tolls

Old May 30th 06, 10:53 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Default French & Italian tolls

I'm taking the caravan down through France to Tuscany very soon. I'd
like to know what the motorway tolls will be in France and Italy, but I
can't seem to find a website that gives this information.

Does anyone know either a website with a list of toll charges (or
better still a toll calculator)?

If not, roughly how much should I put aside in change to get me there?
Journey starts at Calais and ends near Florence. Route will be via
Reims to Provence, then Genoa/Pisa/Florence. Just a vague idea would
be better than nothing. At the moment I don't know whether to set
aside 50 or 500, but hoping it's nearer the former.

Thanks in advance.

Rich

Old May 30th 06, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Cole

On 30 May 2006 03:53:39 -0700, wrote:

I'm taking the caravan down through France to Tuscany very soon. I'd
like to know what the motorway tolls will be in France and Italy, but I
can't seem to find a website that gives this information.

Does anyone know either a website with a list of toll charges (or
better still a toll calculator)?

http://www.autoroutes.fr/voyage/itineraires.php?lng=2

1st site that came up on Google for france +tolls.

If not, roughly how much should I put aside in change to get me there?
Journey starts at Calais and ends near Florence. Route will be via
Reims to Provence, then Genoa/Pisa/Florence. Just a vague idea would
be better than nothing. At the moment I don't know whether to set
aside 50 or 500, but hoping it's nearer the former.

27 according to the above site using Calais to Reims
77.40 Reims to Aix-en-Provence. You may need to recalculate if you have a
car larger than a Golf

Richard
Web pages: http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk/ - caravanning,
http://www.rcole.org/ - personal web site and http://www.homeindorset.co.uk
because I loves the domain name for email.
--
The path to wisdom does, in fact, begin with a single step. Where people go
wrong is ignoring all the thousands of other steps that come after it. -

Old May 30th 06, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

www.mappy.com and it should tell you the
|| cost of tolls - you can also select in the options that you are
|| towing a caravan
|| http://www.lacroixjoreau.com - Cottages and Apartments in the Loire
|| Valley, France

Thanks - I found mappy.com and tried to remove my posting and repost a
better query, but the old one seems to have stayed!

It comes to between 120 and 150 approx, depending on route chosen. Does
that sound about right?

There is nothing on the route details about tolls in Italy. Does that mean
that the autostrade are free? (They were when I was last driving in Italy,
but that's a while ago now.)

--
Rich

I don't approve of signatures, so I don't have one.

Old May 30th 06, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

Old May 30th 06, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman