French/Italian toll charges

Old May 30th 06, 11:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Default French/Italian toll charges

I'm taking the caravan down through France to Tuscany very soon. I'd
like to know what the motorway tolls will be in France and Italy, so I
can keep the right amount of change in the car. mappy.co.uk tells me
the tolls will be between about 120 and 150 depending on the
route I take. Does that sound a reasonable ball-park figure?

Mappy does not list any toll charges for the Italian part of the
journey. does this mean there are no toll charges on the autostrada?
It's a long time since I was there.

Thanks in advance.

Rich

Old May 31st 06, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nick \(Scots\)

wrote in message
roups.com...
I'm taking the caravan down through France to Tuscany very soon. I'd
like to know what the motorway tolls will be in France and Italy, so I
can keep the right amount of change in the car. mappy.co.uk tells me
the tolls will be between about 120 and 150 depending on the
route I take. Does that sound a reasonable ball-park figure?

Just use the visa, although if you break the avg spd for the journey
entry-exit then they put the fine on.

Go via belgium and germany, it's free. Then thru the brenner pas in austria
down past verona. Prob quicker and nearly free. I drive back from Cortina
in the Dolomites that way. Leave 8am and arrive Zeebrugge 8pm at night.
Although that's with the car. The benefit is very cheap fuelin Luxembourg then Belgium.

Mappy does not list any toll charges for the Italian part of the
journey. does this mean there are no toll charges on the autostrada?
It's a long time since I was there.

It's cheap for Autostrada.

Nick

Old June 1st 06, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

Nick (Scots) wrote:

|| wrote in message
||| oups.com...
||| I'm taking the caravan down through France to Tuscany very soon.
||| I'd like to know what the motorway tolls will be in France and
||| Italy, so I can keep the right amount of change in the car.
||| mappy.co.uk tells me the tolls will be between about ?120 and ?150
||| depending on the
||| route I take. Does that sound a reasonable ball-park figure?
|| Just use the visa, although if you break the avg spd for the journey
|| entry-exit then they put the fine on.

No danger of that! They would more likely be sending out a search party.

|| Go via belgium and germany, it's free. Then thru the brenner pas in
|| austria
|| down past verona. Prob quicker and nearly free. I drive back from
|| Cortina
|| in the Dolomites that way. Leave 8am and arrive Zeebrugge 8pm at
|| night.
|| Although that's with the car. The benefit is very cheap fuelin
|| Luxembourg then Belgium.

I have other reasons for using the France route, but thanks for the tip.

--
Rich

I don't approve of signatures, so I don't have one.

Old June 1st 06, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

Old June 1st 06, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman