Worcester Racecourse camping

Old May 30th 06, 12:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian B

Default Worcester Racecourse camping

Hi
On our way back from our hols I was considering calling at the
Worcester Beer & Cider Festival at Worcester Racecourse. According to
the festival website the nearest campsite is about 2.5miles south yet
OS maps show one at the south end of the racecourse. Does anyone know
if this is linked to the racecourse/still open.

I can't find anything on the racecourse website re camping

--
Ian B
Please reply to NG

Old June 1st 06, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nosi-Bugah

I used to live in Worcester, in fact, very close to Pitchcroft (where the
racecourse is). I dont recall any 'camping'??

But that was back in the 90s....

Is your OS map up to date?

Easiest option is to contact the racecourse I guess?

Clerk of the Course
Fergus Cameron

Worcester Racecourse

Pitchcroft

Worcester

WR1 3EJ

Tel: 0870 220 2772

Fax: 0870 220 2882

Email:

Email:

Old June 1st 06, 01:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian B

"Nosi-Bugah" [email protected] wrote in message
I used to live in Worcester, in fact, very close to Pitchcroft (where
the racecourse is). I dont recall any 'camping'??

But that was back in the 90s....

Is your OS map up to date?

http://getamap.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/getamap/frames.htm on next to
largest scale
or
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...1922&ay=259912

Easiest option is to contact the racecourse I guess?

Just got a reply from a "Jenny Cheshire - Hospitality Manager" this
morning saying "Unfortunately, camping at the racecourse was stopped
some years ago".

Hey ho. never mind. I ideally wanted onsite camping so that I could
nip back to the van - take the dog out, food etc. but the 2.5 mile
trip and drinking makes that a bit impractical. There's another beer
fest near Frome on the same w/e with camping facilities onsite. I
might give that a try, it was just that the Worcester one was a bit
nearer home and in a place where there was something else to do (for
the missus)

--
Ian B
Please reply to NG