TV

Old June 3rd 06, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
wally

Default TV

Hi
I looking to buy a new TV for the caravan and
have been looking at these LCD sets.
Tesco have them at a very tempting price as
do Argos.

They come with a transformer that cuts 230ac
down to 12v dc so I was thinking make up a lead
direct from the caravan 12v supply to the TV and
not use the transformer.

If there is a problem with doing this please point
me to it so I can rethink.

Any comments appreciated

Thanks
Wally

Old June 3rd 06, 09:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian B

"Wally" wrote in message
Hi
I looking to buy a new TV for the caravan and
have been looking at these LCD sets.
Tesco have them at a very tempting price as
do Argos.

They come with a transformer that cuts 230ac
down to 12v dc so I was thinking make up a lead
direct from the caravan 12v supply to the TV and
not use the transformer.

If there is a problem with doing this please point
me to it so I can rethink.

Any comments appreciated

I have a Wharfedale 15" (from Argos) which has the same set up as you
mention. When I forgot to take the remote to the van one weekend I
rang up the helpline to suss out how to configure manually with our
freeview box - I also mentioned the 12v thing and was told although
they didn't supply made up leads there was no reason why one shouldn't
work. I haven't tried it yet but would imagine that as long as you
wire the plug correctly there shouldn't be any problems.

If you manage to do it can you post correct wiring, there are probably
a few who would apreciate it.

--
Ian B
Please reply to NG

Old June 4th 06, 12:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy E

i have bought a regulated 12v supply for my freeview box. this is
recommended! Works an treat and is protected. 8.99 from local hard ware
store in oswestry.

AE

Old June 4th 06, 05:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sat, 3 Jun 2006 21:46:10 +0100, "Wally" wrote:

|Hi
|I looking to buy a new TV for the caravan and
|have been looking at these LCD sets.
|Tesco have them at a very tempting price as
|do Argos.

I do not like LCD sets because when viewed from off center the picture is
poor. Check the one you are interested in at each persons viewing angle
in the van

|They come with a transformer that cuts 230ac
|down to 12v dc so I was thinking make up a lead
|direct from the caravan 12v supply to the TV and
|not use the transformer.

I make up a lead and run my conventional TV off the battery. I even ran a
special thick 12V lead for the TV, they do not like low voltages.
Old June 4th 06, 05:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old June 4th 06, 05:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning