fixed beds

Old June 5th 06, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Maurice

Default fixed beds

Hello

We are thinking of going back to a caravan from a campervan. Any
recommendations on a 4 berth with twin fixed beds?

Any one with experience of a Geist caravan?

Maurice

Old June 5th 06, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Liz Hall

My sister has a new TEC van with fixed single beds, I personally would want
this van with this arrangement but they like to lie down anytime for a
snooze as they are older than us, and it suits them, that's all matters.
There is only one table in that van.
I always feel the fixed beds take up a lot of floor space and would not
entertain them until we can no longer make the bed up. It depends also on
how long you stay a week of making a bed up is enough really, but you can
simplify the bed making process and our bed just slides out no fuss anyway.
If the bed making really bothers you why not consider leaving some or all of
them made up anyway if you are only going away for a few days and have an
awning to live in. That's what we would do for a weekend as we have two
tables anyway.

Liz

Old June 5th 06, 03:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Liz Hall" wrote in message
My sister has a new TEC van with fixed single beds, I personally would
want this van with this arrangement but they like to lie down anytime for
a snooze as they are older than us, and it suits them, that's all matters.
There is only one table in that van.
I always feel the fixed beds take up a lot of floor space and would not
entertain them until we can no longer make the bed up. It depends also on
how long you stay a week of making a bed up is enough really, but you can
simplify the bed making process and our bed just slides out no fuss
anyway. If the bed making really bothers you why not consider leaving some
or all of them made up anyway if you are only going away for a few days
and have an awning to live in. That's what we would do for a weekend as we
have two tables anyway.

When we rebuilt our 10' caravan we organised it so that we could have the
double bed left ready to use if we wanted to, with a small table for two to
use if we didn't eat in the awning. We often use it at Christmas in Wales
and it can be a bit parky.

But there are only the two of us. If our daughter and son in law come for a
meal (it's their farm we stay on) we make the bed into the larger table.

I wouldn't want to have to make and unmake the bed twice a day for any
length of time but I'm idle ...

In the 12' van we don't use the 'table bed', instead we use the pull out
bed, it's easier. The sheet and duvet roll up and go into the wardrobe for
the day, the pillows have covers put on them for cushions. But that's
because the bed is opposite the door in that van and it wouldn't be
convenient to get past it.

It really does depend on individual needs and circumstances, we're all
different.

Mary

Old June 5th 06, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

We considered fixed beds for a long time and decided against it as we spend
a lot of time in our van when away and need living space more than ease of
sleeping. I have an Adria 485 and it converts into a bed big enough to sleep
Hagrid in about 45 seconds. Last weekend we had three people in it and still
loads of space ( and b4 you ask its nothing to do with caravan swinging !!).
I think if we used the caravan for a base only like many do and was out most
of the day fixed beds would be first on my list. My definition of a Holiday
is time to do what you don't get time to do when at home. For me that's
lounge around, read, catch some TV and DVD and the occasional trip out ( if
away for a week or two) I can go away and hardly ever leave the site, and
often do.

--
Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD