Convert to pressure system

Old June 6th 06, 09:48 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian Pollard

Default Convert to pressure system

Hi
I have a 2001 Compass Rallye caravan and would like to convert
the water system to pressure type. Can anyone point me to a source of
info on this please. I want to retain the Whale submersible plug-in pump
but just want to replace the tap microswitches with an inline pressure
switch. I don't know what else is needed or how to go about it. Any help
appreciated.

Ian

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0623-0, 05/06/2006
Tested on: 06/06/2006 10:48:13

Old June 6th 06, 10:26 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"Ian Pollard" wrote in message
Hi
I have a 2001 Compass Rallye caravan and would like to convert
the water system to pressure type. Can anyone point me to a source of
info on this please. I want to retain the Whale submersible plug-in pump
but just want to replace the tap microswitches with an inline pressure
switch. I don't know what else is needed or how to go about it. Any help
appreciated.

Very easy to do:
Buy a pressure switch and non-return valve
Fit the non return valve pretty much anywhere after the water inlet
Fit the pressure switch pretty much anywhere after the non return valve
Take the 2 wires from all but one of the taps and join them together
Take the 2 wires from the last tap and join them to the pressure switch
Set the pressure switch to its minimum position
Connect the water and power, turn the taps on til water comes out then turn
the taps off
Adjust the pressure switch to the static pressure you want

I wouldn't do it though.

If you get a leak (and a lot of caravan taps aren't that great) it'll keep
pumping water til it runs out then burn out the pump.

Rgds

Andy R

Old June 6th 06, 10:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"Andy R" wrote in message

[...]

I know it's bad form to follow up on one's own post but instruction 4 above
is bollox. Don't join together the existing wires to the taps together,
keep them apart. Just take the 2 wires from any one of the taps and join
them to the pressure switch.

(I still wouldn't do any of it though, threat of flood, threat of flat
battery and need to keep adjusting the pressure switch as the battery runs
down)

Rgds

Andy R

Old June 6th 06, 10:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian Pollard

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 11:26:15 +0100, "Andy R" wrote:

SNIP

I wouldn't do it though.

If you get a leak (and a lot of caravan taps aren't that great) it'll keep
pumping water til it runs out then burn out the pump.

Rgds

Andy R

Andy
have you had any experience of leaky taps. Ours are all Whale mixer taps
and seem to be very efficient and very expensive!!

Ian

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0623-0, 05/06/2006
Tested on: 06/06/2006 11:59:37