Water pump flow rate

Old June 6th 06, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geo

Default Water pump flow rate

Hi,

What sort of flow rate should I expect from an onboard water pump, from
an internal tank. I haven't measured it but I guess I'm getting about 3
litres a minute, anyway it seems a bit slow.

The van is a 2002 Sterling Trekker.

George.

Old June 6th 06, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
BILL

"Geo" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

What sort of flow rate should I expect from an onboard water pump, from
an internal tank. I haven't measured it but I guess I'm getting about 3
litres a minute, anyway it seems a bit slow.

The van is a 2002 Sterling Trekker.

George.

A few things to check George.
Pipe kinked
Flat battery
Hole in diaphragm or o rings perished
Voltage drop due to too thin cable 2.5mm minimum

Bill

Old June 6th 06, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ToxOgrady

A few things to check George.
Pipe kinked
Flat battery
Hole in diaphragm or o rings perished
Voltage drop due to too thin cable 2.5mm minimum

My Crusader has an inboard tank and there was a noticable difference between
wash basin/shower/bog flush taps versus the kitchen tap. All are
microswitches tripping the same inboard pump into action.
Whilst I was away last week I took a few tools in the boot including a
plumbers pipe grip wrench.. I gripped the circular end piece on my tap and
unscrewed it to find it had a mesh piece inside full of bits of seeds etc.
Once these were cleared away it was the same flow as all the other pumps.

So if all your pumps are equally slow on flowrate then this suggests
something is not right upstream, otherwise it could be you need to dismantle
a tap like I did.

:-)

Old June 7th 06, 09:01 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geo

ToxOgrady wrote:
A few things to check George.
Pipe kinked
Flat battery
Hole in diaphragm or o rings perished
Voltage drop due to too thin cable 2.5mm minimum

My Crusader has an inboard tank and there was a noticable difference between
wash basin/shower/bog flush taps versus the kitchen tap. All are
microswitches tripping the same inboard pump into action.
Whilst I was away last week I took a few tools in the boot including a
plumbers pipe grip wrench.. I gripped the circular end piece on my tap and
unscrewed it to find it had a mesh piece inside full of bits of seeds etc.
Once these were cleared away it was the same flow as all the other pumps.

So if all your pumps are equally slow on flowrate then this suggests
something is not right upstream, otherwise it could be you need to dismantle
a tap like I did.

Thanks for the replies, but the real problem is, I don't know if there
is a problem, what I'm not surei s what sort of flow rate I should
expect. As I said above, it seems slow, but it may not be. What sort of
flow rate is normal ?

Thanks.
:-)