Whale Elite mixer tap

Old June 6th 06, 11:29 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian Pollard

Default Whale Elite mixer tap

Hi
I am trying to strip the above tap down and am rapidly getting
nowhere. Problem is, someone has assembled it with its innards moved
90°clockwise. It gives hot water when the handle is 180° opposite the
spout and gives cold water when the handle is in line with the spout. I
need to extract the guts and rotate them 90° so that it gives hot water
at 90° clockwise to the spout and cold water at 90° anti-clockwise to
the spout. Problem is that I cannot work out how to remove the shroud
after I have removed the mixer handle. Hope this makes some kind of
sense. I have had a look at the PDFs on the Whale - Munster Simms site
and there is no detail on how to remove the shroud.

Ian

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0623-0, 05/06/2006
Tested on: 06/06/2006 12:29:53

Old June 6th 06, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected] home

"Ian Pollard" wrote in message
Hi
I am trying to strip the above tap down and am rapidly getting
nowhere. Problem is, someone has assembled it with its innards moved
90°clockwise. It gives hot water when the handle is 180° opposite the
spout and gives cold water when the handle is in line with the spout. I
need to extract the guts and rotate them 90° so that it gives hot water
at 90° clockwise to the spout and cold water at 90° anti-clockwise to
the spout. Problem is that I cannot work out how to remove the shroud
after I have removed the mixer handle. Hope this makes some kind of
sense. I have had a look at the PDFs on the Whale - Munster Simms site
and there is no detail on how to remove the shroud.

Ian

Hi Ian

The spout swivels, or at least should do. so line up the core with the
switch in the correct position, then pop the spout on so that it lines up
with the basin, or is that too simple.

Cheers