Please stop - a plea

Old June 7th 06, 10:17 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob

Default Please stop - a plea

This news group is often plagued during the school holidays with
adolescents posting silly messages which have no relevance to
caravanning. It now seems to be plagued by a few grown ups who insist on
having the last word or insulting one another as in the recent threads
on undertaking and on the gmails forum. Many of these comments have
nothing to do with caravanning either.
I appreciate that I could killfile the offenders but I am reluctant to
do that as they sometimes have something relevant to say.
For the sake of the majority of this group give us some peace, please
stop acting like children and grow up.

Bob

Old June 7th 06, 10:55 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Sarah and Lloyd

"Bob" wrote in message
This news group is often plagued during the school holidays with
adolescents posting silly messages which have no relevance to caravanning.
It now seems to be plagued by a few grown ups who insist on having the
last word or insulting one another as in the recent threads on undertaking
and on the gmails forum. Many of these comments have nothing to do with
caravanning either.
I appreciate that I could killfile the offenders but I am reluctant to do
that as they sometimes have something relevant to say.
For the sake of the majority of this group give us some peace, please stop
acting like children and grow up.

Bob

I think the problem is a genuine concern to many of us, who up until now
have not posted any messages regarding the whole gmails thing. I have had a
look at the site today and can see that messages have been taken straight
from this newsgroup and pasted on to those forums. I think everyone from
time to time may have done a little plug for a business they run, but to be
honest with you a got to the point of ignoring every "John and Lisa" message
as i knew it would just be used as a way of getting themselves traffic.

This is a good news group which thankfully doesnt have the same trouble as
other groups that I have frequented in the past, but the posting from the
gmail clan is even getting me hot under the collar and think it has really
spoilt what we have on this group.

I am of course prepared for slating on my thoughts but im old enough, big
enough and of course ugly enough to ignore it!

Right best get back to work havign got that off me chest!

Lloyd in Leeds - workingon my families prosperity at home in my office!

Old June 7th 06, 11:16 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
geordie cabby

As a hard working guy who works nights, I like nothing better than to unwind
with a can of beer and read this and other newsgroups after a hard nights
toil, I also am being put off and swayed away from this group by the garbage
being duplicated by some idiot with little relevance to the core subject of
this group, roll on June 12th when im in France with no internet access for
3 glorious weeks