Travelling with Fiamma Caravanstore

Old June 9th 06, 12:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Bowyer

Default Travelling with Fiamma Caravanstore

What's the general opinion on travelling with the caravanstore in the awning
rail. We've been told (albeit by normal bods and not dealers etc or other
"professionals") that it's not a good idea - no indication as to why though.

Input much appreciated
Cheers
Steve

Old June 9th 06, 04:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tony Falla

I have had mine on for over 12 months now and so far have not had any
problems. The only problem I can think of is that on an old caravan with
damp problems that the screws holding the awning rail may pull out if the
wooden frame has rotted. In this case you have a serious problem anyway.

Tony Falla

Old June 9th 06, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

"Steve Bowyer" wrote in message
What's the general opinion on travelling with the caravanstore in the

awning
rail. We've been told (albeit by normal bods and not dealers etc or

other
"professionals") that it's not a good idea - no indication as to why

though.

Input much appreciated
Cheers

Steve

This is our second year using a Caravanstore and it always travels on the
side of the van. The only time its removed is over winter and if we use the
full awning. A very flexible bit of kit. Can't say that I have noticed any
difference from a towing point of view.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

Old June 10th 06, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
shaggy

Hello!

Thought i'd throw in my comments on this one:

Caravanstores are great, but can flap around alot (especially annoying
on a windy night). Tie downs work well and to be honest, the noise is
worse when the caravanstore is folded away (bashing against the side of
van). But this is only in high winds and should be okay for most normal
sleepers (i'm a bit of a light sleeper at times).

As for travelling with them attached - done it for a couple of years
with no probs - might up your fuel costs a bit though.

Gareth

theCampingWarehouse.com
the online community for all forms of camping