Come on, England !!!

Old June 10th 06, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
catman

Default Come on, England !!!

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 17:48:39 +0200, Cab wrote:

Craig Davies wrote:

Just thought I'd add to the furore and say that I hope England win.

Just watched the match and it was a good match, bad for Paraguay with
the own goal which resulted in 1-0 to England. I would have thought at
least England would at least get a goal by themselves. It would have
resulted in a 0-0 probably (I dont know) if it wasn't for the own goal,
oh well.

It's a ****ing disgrace that England have a team of some of the most
expensive players in the world and when put together for an event like the
world cup, can't play for toffee.

Actually I think it's funny in a sad kind of way. 'The Nation' spends
months whipping itself into a frenzy in which they actually think for 1
*second* that the team might win. The delusion is impressive to watch,
IMHO

1-0 to Paraguay, due to an own goal. That's nothing to write home about.
At all.

I mean, just look at the comparative sizes of populations we have to chose
from FFS

Gimme Rugby as a proper sport. Any time.

Well, I just don't do team sports, but at least rugby players don't writhe
around on the ground every time they contact another player.

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 TS 156 TS S2
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk