Channel Crossing advice needed please

Old July 7th 03, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
klyne

Default Channel Crossing advice needed please

wrote in message
.com...
This is my 2nd outing with a van ( Bailey Ranger + Kia Sedona ) , we
are going to the Spa Circuit in Belgium to support my son who will be
racing his Caterham 28/29 August.

I have been told to go Dover Calais for Belgium, is it easier that way

I have tried web sites for booking and haven't seen a reference to
Cars + Caravans prices for ferry tickets, any rough guides to prices?

Are their any legal req for Europe regarding what you need to carry,
First Aid etc.

No need for site advice we should be in the paddock

Also we will have Nissan Navarra towing the trailer with the Caterham
on.

Any advice would be a great help if only to confirm what the wife
says, (she knows everything )

Alan

Have you tried http://ww2.poferries.com/passenger/splash.jsp have a check to
see if they are still doing Freedom Fares but it may a bit late in the
season to get a good deal. Alternatively you could try the Caravan Club,
www.caravanclub.co.uk I have booked two crossing this year both at 141 for
each return but they were booked some months ago. A First aid kit is
required in most EU countries as is a warning triangle. If your route takes
you past Gent on a weekday be prepared for possible delays, 2 weeks ago we
went around Gent in both directions and had hold ups.

David - Milton Keynes