Hobby 650 caravans info required

Old June 12th 06, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Matthew Millichap

Default Hobby 650 caravans info required

Hi,

Does anybody have any experiance regarding Hobby caravans? I have looked at
a 650 model and was impressed by the toys etc but didn't really know what to
look for.......

Any info would be appreciated.

Old June 12th 06, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 19:49:51 GMT, "Matthew Millichap"
wrote:

Hi,

Does anybody have any experiance regarding Hobby caravans? I have looked at
a 650 model and was impressed by the toys etc but didn't really know what to
look for.......

Any info would be appreciated.

What do you really want to know?

I have a 460UFe, a good basic van bear in mind Hobby are at the cheap
end of the market.
In common with most German vans no battery or charger as standard,
only small mains water heater, if you order a gas water heater you get
an on board tank.
Materials used for the furniture is a lightweight ply as opposed to
the hollow sections used on UK vans.
They don't do damp as standard unlike UK vans.
Tow very well, low nose weight mines under 35 kg.

The 650 is 2.5m wide so you will need a vehicle over
3.5 ton gross to tow it legally.

Lenny
www.motoressentials.co.uk
Diesel Power Cetane Booster for a smoother quieter engine.

Old June 12th 06, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Matthew Millichap" wrote in message
Hi,

Does anybody have any experiance regarding Hobby caravans? I have looked at a
650 model and was impressed by the toys etc but didn't really know what to look
for.......

Any info would be appreciated.

Think Bill has a Hobby

if my memory serves me right he thinks very highly of them

Trouble is Bill's out of circulation in his Hobby for a week or three

DieSea

Old June 22nd 06, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 21:10:27 +0100, "DieSea"
wrote:

Think Bill has a Hobby

if my memory serves me right he thinks very highly of them

Trouble is Bill's out of circulation in his Hobby for a week or three

Bill has a Hymer and thinks very highly of it. Mind you he thinks that
too many screws come loose inside for him to recommend it too highly.

Bill Lord