The UK is too small!!

Old June 13th 06, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Uno-Hoo!

Default The UK is too small!!

Having been caravanning now for some eight years, my wife and I are finding
that there is just nowhere in the UK to visit where we have not already
been! That's not to say that we have visited every site of course - merely
that in touring around from each site that we visit, the 'circles' now
overlap and there is barely a corner of the UK that we have not explored.
I suppose we could start taking the 'van over to the continent but, having
investigated that possibility, it seems to us that the hassle and expense of
taking a caravan abroad is barely worth the effort.
Time to sell up? !!

Kev

Old June 13th 06, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Uno-Hoo!" [email protected] wrote in message
Having been caravanning now for some eight years, my wife and I are
finding that there is just nowhere in the UK to visit where we have not
already been! That's not to say that we have visited every site of
course - merely that in touring around from each site that we visit, the
'circles' now overlap and there is barely a corner of the UK that we have
not explored.

I find that very difficult to believe. In more than eight years of trying we
still haven't visited all the ruins on our list, never mind anything else.

Perhaps your 'explorings' are quicker than ours ...

Mary

Old June 13th 06, 04:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Smudge Smith

There are 86 Counties..plus the six of Northern Ireland. Pick a site at
random in each County once a month. That will be you sorted for another 8
years

Old June 13th 06, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roger Mills

Uno-Hoo! [email protected] wrote:

Having been caravanning now for some eight years, my wife and I are
finding that there is just nowhere in the UK to visit where we have
not already been! That's not to say that we have visited every site
of course - merely that in touring around from each site that we
visit, the 'circles' now overlap and there is barely a corner of the
UK that we have not explored. I suppose we could start taking the 'van
over to the continent but,
having investigated that possibility, it seems to us that the hassle
and expense of taking a caravan abroad is barely worth the effort.
Time to sell up? !!

Kev

Didn't you find anywhere which you liked sufficiently to warrant a return
visit, or three?
--
Cheers,
Roger