Newbie question on price

Old June 14th 06, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
richard seed

Default Newbie question on price

I've just been offered through my local dealer a 1998 sprite
musketeer for 5000 with new tyres and new awning. Warranted damp
free. Does the Ng think this is too much. All the innards are clean
no v-signs of damp. Annual services for last five years from same
dealer.
Having to get get rid of my old leda quantock as the bed is too
small.
Any comments, anything
I should watch for?

Thanks a lot

Richard
Old June 14th 06, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

richard seed came up with the following;:
I've just been offered through my local dealer a 1998 sprite
musketeer for 5000 with new tyres and new awning. Warranted damp
free. Does the Ng think this is too much. All the innards are clean
no v-signs of damp. Annual services for last five years from same
dealer.
Having to get get rid of my old leda quantock as the bed is too
small.
Any comments, anything
I should watch for?

That's about the 'book' price for one, so it sounds OK to me. Ours is a '94
which we got for 4k warranted dry, with a new awning etc etc etc from a
dealer about 8 months ago.

Mined ewe, we've had a few niggles with it, mainly the hot water system, due
to it having been stood for a while, we guess, but all-in-all a great 'van
for a good price.

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

Old June 14th 06, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"richard seed" wrote in message
I've just been offered through my local dealer a 1998 sprite
musketeer for 5000 with new tyres and new awning. Warranted damp
free. Does the Ng think this is too much.

I do not know the model but it used to be if I remember right a model which
was a basic one for families.
You would have to consider its features or lack of them.
Off top of my head sounds high for an eight year old. Visit other dealers
and see what they offer for 5K, try private sales as well, could to 1k to
2k cheaper than a dealer. Awning and tyres a bit of a red herring.

Please reply to News Group

Old June 14th 06, 09:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected] home

"richard seed" wrote in message
I've just been offered through my local dealer a 1998 sprite
musketeer for 5000 with new tyres and new awning. Warranted damp
free. Does the Ng think this is too much. All the innards are clean
no v-signs of damp. Annual services for last five years from same
dealer.
Having to get get rid of my old leda quantock as the bed is too
small.
Any comments, anything
I should watch for?

Thanks a lot

Richard

Hi Richard,

My only real concern is that I don't think they made any Sprites for the UK
market in 1998. 1997 was the last model year for UK Sprites and they were
all Sprite Excels, and had numbers, not names. The Musketeer layout was a
450CD.

Can we have some more info, like the VIN.

Cheers