Paging Tony Maris (or anyone else who knows!) Towbar for a 2005 Mondeo Ghia X

Old June 18th 06, 03:35 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alan Dempster

Default Paging Tony Maris (or anyone else who knows!) Towbar for a 2005 Mondeo Ghia X

Evening All

I have just splashed out on a new Mondeo 2005 Ghia X 2.2 TDCi. I have to
say, it's an amazing drive, when compared to my old 2.0 Ghia X petrol
(130BHP). Now, I must admit, I'm not a caravanner, but nevertheless, I'm a
big fan of having a towbar, mainly for daily protection from minor
incidents, but also for the purpose of pulling a Laser (a small, one-man
fibreglass sailing dinghy, about 15' in length).

So the question to the group is this: I always fitted Witter towbars, and in
fact, fitted an F77 to my previous car (the 1997 Ghia X petrol). It seems
that I'm now faced with two choices: Either an F92A, or an F108 - the latter
being apparently suited to "post 2005 Ghia / ST" models.

The build date of my new car is 11/2004 (registered in March 2005). As far
as I can tell, I will be able to fit the Witter F92A bar. But what I'm
trying to ascertain is exactly what the difference is in the (more
expensive) F108 version. Something to do with the bumpers, maybe?

At any rate, I just want to make sure that I get the right 'bar before doing
another of my infamous DIY fitting jobs. This will be my fifth towbar DIY
fitment (having done 3 x Mondeos, and a Volvo V70 in the past). Finally -
does anyone know if the new Mondeos have a dedicated connector for towbar
electrics, somewhere in the boot? I'm guessing that 'Scotchlocking'
individual cables onto the existing wiring loom is now a thing of the past.

Any advice to make sure I get the right Witter bar, and make as good a job
of it as I did in the 1997 car, will be much appreciated.

Best,

Alan

Old June 20th 06, 10:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian B

Hi Alan

Tony Maris owns Towbars & Trailers (http://www.towitall.co.uk), you
can ring them on 01246 202543 or email (address on website).

HTH
--
Ian B
Please reply to NG

Old June 21st 06, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rob

For electrics take a look at the kits at
http://www.rightconnections.co.uk/page-Ford.htm

Rob