Whitby CLs

Old June 18th 06, 11:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jim

Default Whitby CLs

Hi, anyone been on any good Caravan Club CL's in the Whitby area, the
only major requirement is an electric hookup.
We stayed at Beacon Farm last year which is a nice CCC site (borrowed
membership, don't tell anyone) but are now members of the CC.

Jim.
Old June 19th 06, 08:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike

"Jim" wrote in message
Hi, anyone been on any good Caravan Club CL's in the Whitby area, the only
major requirement is an electric hookup.
We stayed at Beacon Farm last year which is a nice CCC site (borrowed
membership, don't tell anyone) but are now members of the CC.

Jim.

.................................................. ......
Hi Jim.
Does it "have" to be a CL ?
When you say major requirement of a hook up, does that mean you have your
own shower & sanitation ?
If so I can recommend "LOW MOOR" (caravan club) it's in your book, but NO
facilities, only water, chemical emptying, & elec, but a beautiful site.
If you were at Beacon Farm last year it is only a short drive up the road
from there, (about a mile), but please leave me some room, I'll be there
July 8th ;-))
BTW. How was the ice cream parlour ?
Mike.

Old June 19th 06, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jim

Mike wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
[...]

Hi & thanks,
Low Moor is one of our options, we do have our own shower etc. we are
just not ready to try four days without an orange cable.

Would you believe it we were there three nights and never tried the
parlour we did however have some Beacon Ice Cream while down in Whitby.
We did however manage to make it to the Magpie a couple of times.

If we go there it will probably be the following weekend, so leave it
nice and tidy.

Jim.
North Derbyshire.

Old June 19th 06, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

Hi & thanks,
Low Moor is one of our options, we do have our own shower etc. we are just not
ready to try four days without an orange cable.

Would you believe it we were there three nights and never tried the parlour we
did however have some Beacon Ice Cream while down in Whitby. We did however
manage to make it to the Magpie a couple of times.

If we go there it will probably be the following weekend, so leave it nice and
tidy.

Jim.
North Derbyshire.

DavidF

Please put this gentleman on the right track

A couple of years ago I was faced with the choice of a site with no hook_up or a
CL with hook_up ,

The difference in cost equated to a 110 amp battery , I bought the battery , same
thing happened the following year , again I bought a battery

This year I'm looking at a solar panel to help with the charging , wind power can
upset the neighbours !!

DieSea