Route around Paris

Old June 19th 06, 07:09 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lunar475

Default Route around Paris

Can anyone reccomend a route around Paris?

We are towing from Calais on a Wednesday, the ferry arrives at about
11.30 am., and we will be heading south towards Orlans for the A71 and
then A75.

In previous years, we have gone via Rouen, Evreux, Dreux, Chartres etc,
but I wonder if this is the best way?

Old June 19th 06, 07:21 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

In previous years, we have gone via Rouen, Evreux, Dreux, Chartres etc,
but I wonder if this is the best way?

Used that route this year in June down to the Loire

As a newbie we found it easy

Auto route 2006 or Le Mappy.com as recommended by a gite owning Englishman in the
Loire are good places to start

DieSea

Old June 19th 06, 12:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

Tom Tom is your friend. I navigated my way from 4vents near Paris all the
way all around the Paris ring road out the other side and all the way to a
site in Normandy using the Tom Tom. Perfect no problems at all. One site to
the next and not one wrong turn.

--
Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD

Old June 19th 06, 03:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

"Lunar475" wrote in message
ups.com...
Can anyone reccomend a route around Paris?

We are towing from Calais on a Wednesday, the ferry arrives at about
11.30 am., and we will be heading south towards Orlans for the A71 and
then A75.

In previous years, we have gone via Rouen, Evreux, Dreux, Chartres etc,
but I wonder if this is the best way?

A few weeks ago we were at Rambouillet, east of Paris, and from here we were
heading back towards our final stop near Calais. I did look at the route you
mention but it seemed a bit out of the way from my starting point. Just have
a look on your map and see what you think of this route. From Calais follow
A16 all the way to Paris. At I'Isle-Adam take A184 towards Pontoise, then
take N14 towards Magny en Vexin. In aboubt 12 kms take D28 to Meulan and
cross river to Les Mureaux then join A13 towards Versailles. Take A12 south
which becomes the N10, pass Rambouillet follow road to Ablis. 10 kms past
Ablis join A10 autoroute. I am not saying this is a better route, just an
alternative. We did it on a Sunday so you can expect more traffic than we
encountered and there are some roadworks en route.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk