Supermarket or Hypermarket Nr Quimper, Brittany

Old June 19th 06, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stephen Reed

Default Supermarket or Hypermarket Nr Quimper, Brittany

Hi,

On our way to Quimper in Brittany soon and could anyone tell me if there is
a Hypermarket or Supermarket near to Quimper or on route from St. Malo where
the car park is large enough to take the caravan in to stock up with
supplies before then going to the caravan site?

Thanks

Steve

Old June 19th 06, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Remus

"Stephen Reed" wrote in message ...
Hi,

On our way to Quimper in Brittany soon and could anyone tell me if there is
a Hypermarket or Supermarket near to Quimper or on route from St. Malo where
the car park is large enough to take the caravan in to stock up with
supplies before then going to the caravan site?

If you are staying at L'Orangerie d'lanniron there is, if memory serves, a GEANT hypermarket less than 1km from the site (as you leave the site, and reach the main road, turn right (away from Quimper), then left at the (first??) roundabout). The car park is big but I'm not sure I'd advise taking a caravan into it because it was always busy when we were there (2003) and manoeuvring/parking might be a problem. I'd advise setting up at the site first, then go shopping :-)

Old June 19th 06, 11:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter

Remus wrote:
"Stephen Reed" wrote in message ...
Hi,

On our way to Quimper in Brittany soon and could anyone tell me if there is
a Hypermarket or Supermarket near to Quimper or on route from St. Malo where
the car park is large enough to take the caravan in to stock up with
supplies before then going to the caravan site?

If you are staying at L'Orangerie d'lanniron there is, if memory serves, a GEANT hypermarket less than 1km from the site (as you leave the site, and reach the main road, turn right (away from Quimper), then left at the (first??) roundabout). The car park is big but I'm not sure I'd advise taking a caravan into it because it was always busy when we were there (2003) and manoeuvring/parking might be a problem. I'd advise setting up at the site first, then go shopping :-)

Totally agree...2 large supermarkets very close to site first is GEANT
as above second is Carrefour. At both I would leave the van at the
site.
We visited last year and I am due on site in 2 weeks...cannot wait !!

Old June 20th 06, 09:29 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stephen Reed

Thanks for the advise, yes it seems that we will take your advise and drop
off the caravan first and then go shopping... See you at the campsite Peter,
we will be arriving this coming Monday for two weeks! My outfit is a black
KIA Sorento and Coachman Pastiche. By the way, how long a journey from St.
Malo to the site?

Cheers

Steve
"Peter" wrote in message