Information/Opinions re 2002 LMC Dominant

Old June 23rd 06, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Matthew Millichap

Default Information/Opinions re 2002 LMC Dominant

Hi,

Does anyone have any info. or opinions re LMC caravans. I have seen a 2002
Dominant (not sure of exact model no.at mo - didn't write it down like a
fool!!), 1owner from new, complete with gas bottles etc etc for 8k. Just
wondered if this was about the right mark.

Many thanks in advance,

Matthew

Old June 23rd 06, 10:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected] home

"Matthew Millichap" wrote in message
m...
Hi,

Does anyone have any info. or opinions re LMC caravans. I have seen a 2002
Dominant (not sure of exact model no.at mo - didn't write it down like a
fool!!), 1owner from new, complete with gas bottles etc etc for 8k. Just
wondered if this was about the right mark.

Many thanks in advance,

Matthew

Are you siting this or do you have a vehicle over 3,5 tonnes. Most, if not
all, LMCs are 8feet wide.

Cheers

Old June 23rd 06, 11:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Matthew Millichap

Default Information/Opinions re 2002 LMC Dominant 510

Ah......to be used as a tourer...... The current owners are using a Range
Rover - that should have been a clue to me.....

The model incidentally is a 510

Old June 23rd 06, 11:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected] home

I've checked the website and they seem to be all over 2.3 metres. The Range
Rover doesn't strictly count as a corect tow car either as its Gross weight
may be over 3.5 tonnes, its kerbweight certaily isn't.

The reason these types of vans are so cheap is that they do not attract VAT.
They are classed as holiday homes by Customs as they exceed the dimensions
of a touring caravan. They have a slight image problem too, as they are
favoured by our travelling cousins. Being German, they will be well made,
but maybe not specified as well as a UK van.

There is many an arguement on here about the various merits of product from
both sides of the channel, but the fact remains that most UK buyers favour a
UK styled product. Although this may cost more to purchase, the residuals
will be better, and it will be legal to tow.

Cheers