'Fridge problems!

Old June 26th 06, 03:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Uno-Hoo!

Default 'Fridge problems!

Just got back from a nine night stay at Sheepcote Valley in Brighton. The
Electrolux 'fridge in my '98 Sterling Europa worked fine for the first six
nights - but then stopped working on mains power. I thought my beer was a
bit luke-warm and then found the ice cream had melted in the ice-box! We
turned the thermostat up but it made no difference. Switched over to gas -
and it worked fine. It also stayed cold for the six hour journey home on
12volts as well so it appears that it's just mains power that's the problem.
The light inside the green mains switch lights up - so power is getting
through.
I pulled the fridge out when I got home and checked all the electrical
connections, which seem fine - but it's still not working on mains.
The only thing I can think is that the mains thermostat has packed up.
Anyone had similar problems or has a solution or idea?

Cheers

Kev