Dripping Tap

Old June 26th 06, 08:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jeff

Default Dripping Tap

Hi

Just got back from Putts Corner Devon - brilliant weather, great site. Only
fly in the ointment was a tap that has started dripping, wondered if anyone
could advise/confirm how to fix.

The caravan is a 1997 Compass Omega fitted with a Whale monoblock on the
kitchen sink. The tap operates fine, but after turning off continues to drip
almost indefinitely. The pump is definitely turned off with the tap, but the
residual pressure in the system is much greater than I'd have anticipated.
The only way to stop the drip at night is to turn off the pump and turn on
the tap to release the pressure - you get about a 1/2 pint or more out.

Anyway, I assume the taps have some sort of washers in them which can be
replaced? There are 4 push fit covers - one at each corner of the plastic
monoblock, which I assume conceal retaining screws. Is it simply a matter of
removing these to lift out the block and access the washers? The other
possibility that occurs to me is that you could pull firmly on the taps
themselves to access the washers - they do look as though they might pop
out.

Does anyone have any experience of these taps?

Thanks
Jeff