old caravan

Old June 27th 06, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Barbara Gibbs

Default old caravan

Hi
Could any one help with details of caravan insurance. I have a really old
caravan from 1979 and am having trouble finding insurance. I would be
grateful if anyone knows of a company that offer cover for such ann old
'van.
Thanks
Barbara

Old June 27th 06, 03:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:02:46 GMT, "Barbara Gibbs"
wrote:

|Hi
|Could any one help with details of caravan insurance. I have a really old
|caravan from 1979 and am having trouble finding insurance. I would be
|grateful if anyone knows of a company that offer cover for such ann old
|'van.

Is it worth insuring? At that age, do without insurance, if it gets
written off no big deal.
Old June 27th 06, 03:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old June 27th 06, 03:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old June 27th 06, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roger Mills

wrote:

Hi
Could any one help with details of caravan insurance. I have a
really old caravan from 1979 and am having trouble finding
insurance. I would be grateful if anyone knows of a company that
offer cover for such ann old 'van.

Is it worth insuring? At that age, do without insurance, if it gets
written off no big deal.

That may be true for the van itself - but most policies also provide public
liability insurance, to cover you when some fool breaks his neck tripping
over your mains lead - and claims that you were negligent! It's inadvisible
*not* to have this cover - some sites may even insist that you have it.

Have you tried Bakers of Cheltenham (now part of Towergate) on 0800 496
1516? They insure oldish caravans - I'm not aware of any age limits, but
you'd better ask them.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old June 27th 06, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 17:02:54 +0100, "Roger Mills"
wrote:

|In an earlier contribution to this discussion,
|Dave Fawthrop wrote:
|
| On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:02:46 GMT, "Barbara Gibbs"
| wrote:
|
| Hi
| Could any one help with details of caravan insurance. I have a
| really old caravan from 1979 and am having trouble finding
| insurance. I would be grateful if anyone knows of a company that
| offer cover for such ann old 'van.
|
| Is it worth insuring? At that age, do without insurance, if it gets
| written off no big deal.
|
|That may be true for the van itself - but most policies also provide public
|liability insurance, to cover you when some fool breaks his neck tripping
|over your mains lead - and claims that you were negligent!

My household insurance gives backup public liability cover, not on roads.

|It's inadvisible
|*not* to have this cover - some sites may even insist that you have it.

Never heard a peep about Public Liability insurance in 9 years caravanning.
or three times as long tenting.

Old June 27th 06, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old June 27th 06, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning