kia sedona any good ?

Old June 28th 06, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DAz

Default kia sedona any good ?

hi, we've decided to up-grade the old Renault and liked the value for money
that a kia Sedona offers, we know their a bit lacking in the quality stakes
but more than make in VFM, so my questions are- what they like to tow with
?, will I need to have an external gearbox oil cooler fitted ? as we're buy
the 2.9 crdi auto, what's the fuel consumption like ?
any info greatly appreciated
thanks in advance
daz

Old June 28th 06, 11:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ToxOgrady

Go to www.kia-forums.com

I have a Mk-II 2.9 CRDI SE with nearly 100K miles. They are very spacious
and heavy ( 2200kilos ) and in the same league as most 4x4s for towing big
twin axle vans

Urban mpg is little over 26 due to the weight , but on a run and even
towing a big van I've had 34mpg.

It depends on how big your van is. If you only have a single axle 1100kg
van then I would find a lighter more economical MPV to do the job. But if
you have a large van then they are a very cheap alternative to a 4x4 and 143
lazy bhps can pull a house down.

Finally...I you are still interested...there is a new model out anytime so
prices of current & nearly new cars are set to tumble.

Old June 28th 06, 11:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DAz

thanks for the info,
my van's 1400kgs so it sounds perfect for the job, just a quicky, how have
you found the kia dealer for warranty/servicing ?

Old June 29th 06, 06:30 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nebulous

"DAz" wrote in message
hi, we've decided to up-grade the old Renault and liked the value for
money
that a kia Sedona offers, we know their a bit lacking in the quality
stakes
but more than make in VFM, so my questions are- what they like to tow with
?, will I need to have an external gearbox oil cooler fitted ? as we're
buy
the 2.9 crdi auto, what's the fuel consumption like ?
any info greatly appreciated
thanks in advance
daz

I have a recently purchased 51 plate 2.9 crdi. My van is 1300 kg laden and
it tows no problem. Lots of room inside. My one is a manual though. I have
always hated 'privacy glass' and used to refer to cars with it as 'drug
dealers cars.' I'm still not a big fan, but it is not as annoying as I
thought it would be!

So far so good. Car returns better mileage, despite being much heavier than
my previous 2 litre petrol car.

I have some reservations about the dealers. My car only came with one key
and the handbrake was very stiff. We put it into the dealer and a new key
(with immobiliser but not remote) and handbrake cable cost 312. I have also
seen other people complain about dealers being very expensive.

Neb