Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Caravanning Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Gas thread question by Harry Bloomfield[_3_]
The 27mm clip on unit, the type which allows a BP Gaslight bottle to be connected to a bulkhead regulator using an high pressure pipe, could someone advise what thread is on the output of the clip on adaptor please? Obviously the same thread on the HP pipe to. Is it 3/4 UNF? Alternative question with the same answer - What thread is used on the ends of the HP pipes for all versions of HP...
June 26th 15 10:10 AM
by Harry Bloomfield[_2_] Go to last post
4 1,859
Thumbs up
NEWBE Hi guys by hidehitow
new on here , w2e have caravaned and campervaned for over 20 yrs around uk only. hope to have more this yr . Wish you all clear roads open sky's and great site touring. We like the rallies meets of the CCC and BCC mostly
June 2nd 15 01:55 PM
by hidehitow Go to last post
3 1,316
Breakdown cover by Harry Bloomfield[_2_]
Most national cover will take you your passengers, broken down car and caravan back home, if the caravan is attached to the car at the time of breakdown. If you happen to be on holiday with the caravan on a site and the car breaks down wile you are else where, tough luck. Some insurers will just leave your caravan and expect you to later collect or abandon it. Others say it is up to the...
June 1st 15 05:49 PM
by Harry Bloomfield[_2_] Go to last post
0 1,088
Cleaning Towball by DavidP[_2_]
So, a new car means a new towball which is nicely covered all over in black paint. Historically I've used sandpaper to take the majority off and then finished off any bits with wire wool dipped in petrol. How do others clean towballs?
June 1st 15 05:25 PM
by Harry Bloomfield[_2_] Go to last post
5 1,758
Antenna for Freeiew by Keith[_7_]
Just replced obsolete analog TV with digital Freeview set. The old indoor booster doesn't find a signal, so which is/are the best indoor aerials? With builtin booster?
June 1st 15 04:08 PM
by Harry Bloomfield[_2_] Go to last post
1 1,203
110 Leisure battery and Alko scissor jack, Wrexham. by Andy E
I have a 110 Leisure Battery and Alko scissor jack for 7 day auction, if anyone is interested in looking at these...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 28th 15 07:07 AM
by steve Miles Go to last post
16 1,401
No water by Peter Clarke
Help please! I'm trying to wake up my caravan after the winter lay-off but can't get any water out of the taps. The pump is running, there is plenty of water in the barrel, the filter and hose are not blocked, I haven't left the water heater dump valve open and I have opened the kitchen hot tap, as per instructions. But all I get out of the tap is a gentle blast of air and no water. The pump is a...
May 21st 15 03:25 PM
by Tom Go to last post
9 2,495
abi dawnstar for sale by bassman2008
1995 Abi Dawnstar, good all round condition, solid floor, had damp when we got it and it has not got any worse, porch awning, hook up lead, gas bottle, battery, waste water pipes and barrel, good tyres, easy tow 975 kg, new hitch, hitch lock, L shaped lounge, end kitchen, toilet stopped flushing suspect loose wire. 600.00 no offers, needs to go this week otherwise will scrap. Tel 07531518044.
May 10th 15 03:40 PM
by bassman2008 Go to last post
0 1,136
buccaneer by bassman2008
We have recently purchased a 1996 buccaneer cruiser ek and require an owners manual, anyone out their help. thanks in advance.
May 5th 15 09:49 PM
by John B[_3_] Go to last post
1 1,263
Swift Challenger Wiring Question by bert
Wake up at the back!! By chance I noticed recently that even when the 12v system is switched off at the control unit the toilet flush is still live. (2102 Challenger 530) I raised this with the dealer at service time and they seemed genuinely surprised when reporting that they had checked others and found them the same. Seems odd and I can't think of any rational idea for doing this...
May 5th 15 12:53 PM
by Tom Go to last post
5 1,549
carver heater by Vic Burton
Hi to all user of caravan banter, I have a carver 3600stc in my caravan and when I use it on gas with the fan its stupidly loud so I want to know if I can use the gas heater without the fanmaster system. I welcome any info that will help. Cheers Vic
April 30th 15 12:20 PM
by bert Go to last post
5 1,606
Just popped in to say Hi by Folding Norman
Hi all It must be some 7 or 8 years since I was an active member on this forum. Just thought I would pop back and see how it was going. Will have a look how it has changed. FN
February 15th 15 10:37 PM
by Jim Kewley[_4_] Go to last post
5 1,449
VW LT35 problems starting by Bucket
I've recently had problems starting my camper. It always started with half a turn of the engine after the glow plug light went out, but now talking 10 turns of engine. Even if its been on a run and I stop it for only a minute, it takes a couple of turns of engine to start again. It runs and drives perfectly once running. I did discover I had put about half a litre too much oil in about 200 miles...
February 12th 15 03:29 PM
by fruityblue Go to last post
4 5,230
For sale by ag.richards
Hi I'm selling my van need a quick sale anybody know a good site to deal with.T.R.
February 11th 15 01:56 PM
by ag.richards Go to last post
0 1,167
Newsgroup Window Sticker. by GrahamW
I think it was originally designed by Richard Cole but I can't find it on his website. However, I've found this copy, in both monochrome and colour, for anyone who wants to print it off. http://216.92.45.115/logo.htm I will be replacing my Guinness label in my tax disc holder with a nice coloured image immediately. Regards, Graham.
January 30th 15 09:32 PM
by Folding Norman Go to last post
4 1,176
Touring Scotland by DavidP
This year it seems I will have to succumb to my wife's desire to do a tour of Scotland. I've resisted successfully in the past as I am a magnet for midges and mossies but now I'm told I should just use DEET. So, the questions a Are there any particular sights worth seeing be it loch, sea or mountain? Not greatly bothered about towns/cities though probably will need to visit some just to...
January 10th 15 06:54 PM
by DavidP[_2_] Go to last post
5 1,553
Caravan Club? by ag.richards
Hi Is it worth joining the Caravan Club (Newby) Thank You.
January 8th 15 02:34 PM
by Keith[_6_] Go to last post
4 1,341
brake lights by gary jones
hi I have a problem with my coachman laser, when I hook it up to the car , the fuse for the brake lights in the car blows ? any ideas
November 5th 14 09:12 AM
by Chris J Dixon Go to last post
4 1,155
Gas locker door seal by Gogo
Hi all, I have a 2006 compass magnum. The rubber seal on the gas bottle locker door has been damaged and needs replacing. Can someone point me in the right direction to get a replacement.
October 14th 14 10:55 AM
by David[_15_] Go to last post
1 1,129
Calor Lite Recall by KAW[_2_]
On 25/09/2014 13:16, MartinC wrote: Just had a letter from Calor about a recall of some Lite bottles. Details he- http://www.calor.co.uk/recall Swapped my part empty bottle for a free full one without any problem at our local dealer. MartinC Thanks for the info Martin. My local caravan site did the swap with no trouble. Keith
September 30th 14 04:25 PM
by KAW[_2_] Go to last post
0 1,258
Post New Thread