Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Motor Caravans Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Low Emission Zone by Graham[_5_]
Just heard an advert on the radio from tfl about the Low Emission Zone. Said something about it affecting vehicles over 3.5 tons. Didn't catch the dates, but the point is, they are still pushing the LEZ and in that advert they mentioned, and I quote "Motorised Caravans". So looks like its all still going ahead and no relenting on an exemption for motorhomes. I'm ok until Oct 2010. After that...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 12th 08 08:38 AM
by Geoff Lane[_2_] Go to last post
12 1,095
Ducato Electrics by Lenny
Picked up my new Hymer Tramp a couple of weeks ago, on the way back from Belgium the bulb failure light came on, all bulbs OK & I've checked all the earths. First time out last weekend cruise control turned off after a couple of miles, came back on after restarting engine then traction control turned off. On Sunday brake lights came on permanently, then once ignition turned of half off dash...
July 8th 08 09:57 PM
by Lenny Go to last post
0 336
one click can change your life !!!!!!!!!!!!! by shahi
do you want enjoyment in life then open and read these messages and enjoy your life http://businessmangs.blogspot.com/
July 8th 08 10:01 AM
by shahi Go to last post
0 420
Free camping in Cornwall by RustY ©
We are off to Cornwall for a couple of weeks touring and sitting on the beach - weather permitted. Does anyone know of any good free spots to park overnight ? Last time down that area most of the campsites were charging £20+ just to park overnight and some wanted £40 (because it's August and we have a swimming pool.)
July 4th 08 10:37 PM
by wallbike Go to last post
1 450
GPS/SatNav receivers by Andy R
I'm planning on getting a satnav device. I'm expecting to need one with an external aerial as its view of the sky will be obscured by the luton top. Has anybody got any experience of a model that works well? Rgds Andy R
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 14th 08 10:23 PM
by Mrs Zozzer Go to last post
15 1,094
Buy a motorhome - ebay maybe by Gavsta
Hello, Over the last couple of years I have been considering the purchase of a motorhome (remembering the holidays when I was a kid in my parents VW) I life on the Isle of Man and so there is no where local to buy campers, so I am looking round ebay. I want something thats comfortable and self - contained that will cope
June 14th 08 12:26 PM
by Ian Go to last post
8 701
Side skirts anywhere? by Darren[_2_]
I have damaged my Rimor camper side skirts and Rimor no longer supply the parts. Any idea who or what I can use to adapt something?
June 12th 08 11:54 PM
by James Harris Go to last post
1 516
Fed up woth the chrome trim rubber inserts popping out! by Darren[_2_]
The silly rubber trim insert that goes on the chrome trim that covers the exterior joins, awning rails etc is a real pain in the backside, stretching, hardening, falling out etc who's bright idea was that? Surely a far better idea would be to use a semi hardening sealant instead, or even a hardening one that can be pulled out in one piece where necessary? The insert is hardly a good fit anyway...
June 9th 08 10:40 AM
by Darren[_2_] Go to last post
0 445
Campsites in Germany by KateW
Can anyone recommend some camp sites in germany, suitable for a motorhome? My children are 14, 10 and 8 so a camp site with plenty to do would be the most ideal. Thanks
June 8th 08 10:38 PM
by Josiah Jenkins[_2_] Go to last post
2 482
Self-sufficient motorhome by David Joseph
If you need a base camp, so you can travel on a budget, around this country and abroad, then itís worth viewing the self-sufficient mobile home at :- motor caravans - caravan
June 6th 08 09:33 PM
by David Joseph Go to last post
0 436
Brainwave - Upgrading motorhome chassis cabs. by Lefty
Use to work fitting bodies to various chassis cabs, suh as Lutons, Pickups, Flat beds. It's just occured to me that, in theory, it should be fairly straightforward to remove a luton camper body from an old chassis, and put it on a newer chassis. Say a transit 1994 upgrade to a transit 2001 or whatever. The chassis cabs are completely self contained so no complicated issues there. So if you had...
June 1st 08 05:32 PM
by bill wilhelm Go to last post
5 2,909
Ignition ON is trying to power the alternator...I'm baffled by herbie
Hi Folks, 1985 low mileage Mercedes 307D motorhome. Had a new ignition switch fitted a few months ago (thanks to thieves) and I now have a very baffling fault. I noticed it was getting very sluggish at the starter. Charged the battery fully and it seemed to drain completely with a
May 12th 08 11:13 AM
by Darren[_2_] Go to last post
7 638
Poland /Germany by Dave Smith
My wife and I hope to drive from Calais, across Germany and into southern to mid Poland. We have done wild camping in the UK but have decided that it probably is not safe to do so in Poland. In the UK we like small 5 van type sites. I understand that there are Stelplatz in Germany that work like the aires in France. Are there any similar set ups in Poland? Are they safe to stay on? Has...
May 9th 08 10:52 PM
by David Smith Go to last post
3 521
cassette toilet or porta potti ? by divoch
A porta potti takes less room in a small van and so more storage space is left for other things. In use: how much more convenient is a swivel cassette toilet compared to a porta potti ? Not having used either is the main difference in ease of disposal of waste between the two? Is porta potti really suitable only for emergencies and/or by children? Best regards divoch
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 9th 08 10:54 AM
by Campa-Man Go to last post
13 2,141
leveller. What do you use? by Darren B
Currently we are using two big heavy chunks of wood to level our motorhome. They are heavy and take a lot of space up. Are the plastic levellers from the caravan shops any good? What do you use for levelling your van with success? TIA.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 9th 08 06:31 AM
by Dogpoop Go to last post
20 1,361
MOT station - SW scotland by Hilary
Hi all Does anyone know of an MOT station in SW Scotland that can accomodate a 23ft motorhome ( 9ft something high)?? :o)
May 9th 08 02:48 AM
by Hilary Go to last post
0 313
FS: Easy Lifter scooter/motorcycle rack by Gazz
Selling my easy lifter scoot rack, used it 3 months last year, then left it in my parents garage. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220232670687 it's on a buy it now listing with offers, can't be doing with faffing about with auctions, so make an offer and i'll consider it.
May 7th 08 05:52 PM
by Gazz Go to last post
0 917
LCD's by JTM
I notice that several LCD t.v.'s in the supermarket are 12v DC input rated at 4 or 5 amps. Will a leisure battery manage to run one of these? John (not an electrician) -- John Mulrooney NOTE Email address IS correct but might not be checked for a while.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 3rd 08 07:28 PM
by hugh Go to last post
10 844
Lidl sat dish by JTM
Hello, Just bought a Lidl camper sat t.v. kit (small dish + decoder and bits) and it picks up Astra1 pretty well in Lancashire. (On mains power) Anyone experienced using such a small dish in continental Europe. I'm assuming the decoder works just as well on 12v. John --
April 30th 08 06:24 PM
by Roland Messerschmidt Go to last post
1 295
What to check when buying a motorhome second hand by James Harris
I want to buy my first motorcaravan but am pretty nervous about getting a dud. My main concerns are corrosion of something structural and buying something stolen. Since I want to take it to Europe buying something on which money is owed could fall back on me under the law in some countries. Any advice on what a person should check when buying a second hand motorhome especially if bought...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 24th 08 12:30 PM
by James Harris Go to last post
15 1,919